Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES. Premium Formats what's the deal?

This is the main reason why I moved away from the print media of comic books to the higher end statue/collectible arena. SIDESHOW TOYS is what made me a true believer once again in more then just comics books. The 3 dimensional (no plug to the 3D hype of today) feeling of seeing you're favorite comic book characters come to life brings a certain excitement to collecting. The best thing is that once a company gets focused and really wants to bring something to the stage that is top quality, that's what makes you a collector. In the past comic book statues have consisted of just really bad, recreations that looked like a child's play thing worth not more then the paper it came boxed in. I'll leave it for now.

This is where Sideshow comes in, a company based in California. I'm not to familiar with their history but they carry quite a few big name licenses. Thanks to their attention to detail and realism their products are the ones that I stand behind the most. Its about 80% of my collection. They have quite a variety of lines but I tend to solely focus on the higher end items. I wont cover to many details of their product line as I reveal each statue there will be a little bit about what each one is all about.

I'll let you in on this though, Premium Formats are a special type of statue. For you art people its a mixed media statue.... Meaning its a mix of sculpted material (resin, polystone etc) with fabric (pop culture shock does similar lines but its is exclusive to sideshow anyways). Hmmm you say, well I did too and sometimes it's a hit or miss as fabric has a life of its own. So journey with me as we journey in to the world of premium formats and mixed media statues. NEXT TIME CAPTAIN AMERICA PREMIUM FORMAT STATUE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment